Vanessa and Her Sister - A Scandalous Review
Vanessa and Her Sister – Priya Parmar Print Length: 368 pages Publisher: Ballantine Books (December 30, 2014) Acquired through: Net Galley My thoughts: I read Priya Parmar’s first book EXIT THE ACTRESS when it came out in 2011, and was bowled over by her talent. Yes, I had a few quibbles with her portrayal of Nell Gwynn (I had a hard time believing that she was illiterate and somehow never learned to read during her years as an actress. I found that a little far-fetched), but I thought the book was an excellent peek backstage at what it was like to be an actress during the Restoration. You could just smell the greasepaint and the unwashed flesh! When I saw on Net Galley that she had written a new novel about Vanessa Bell and her sister Virginia Woolf, I immediately requested it. Most of what I know about the Bloomsbury Group has been gained through watching films like Carrington (Emma Thompson brilliant as always as Dora Carrington and Jonathan Pryce as Lyt...

Comments
Post a Comment